The Pastoral Council, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, acts in an advisory role to the Pastor to help him identify parish needs, define parish policies, and develop and evaluate parish programs and activities. There are twelve members, along with several ex-officio members, such as the Associate Pastor, parish deacons, and the heads of Religious Education and Parish Communications. The Pastor, as President, and an Executive Officer preside over the Council and its committees.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the Council include:
- Facilitating the annual strategic planning process for all standing committees and evaluating whether St. Edmond’s is meeting the goals outlined in the Parish Mission Statement.
- Promoting regular communication and understanding among parish committees and organizations, and between the parish, the diocese, and the universal church.
- Communicating on at least an annual basis with parishioners about the status of parish affairs, and soliciting their input on parish programs and activities.
- Providing oversight of the activities of all parish committees and ministries.
- Appointing and supervising ad hoc committees, as needed, for special projects and events.
- Reviewing the parish’s annual budget and financial statements as prepared and submitted by the parish Finance Council.
The Pastoral Council meets monthly, September through June. Parishioners are welcome to attend or contact a Pastoral Council member by clicking on their email link below.
Click here or check our Parish Events tab for specific meeting dates, time, and location.
Click here for the Pastoral Council minutes.
2017 — 2018 Pastoral Council Members’ Roster
Fr. William Cocco — Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org
Fr. Chris Hanley — Associate Pastor email@example.com
Rose Marie Patin — President firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Carter — Secretary email@example.com
Dawn Huss — At-Large Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Benko — Liturgy Committee Chair email@example.com
Bill Delle Donne — Buildings and Grounds Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Hearn — LRAC Liaison email@example.com
Marie Kopf — Director of Religious Education firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Ondish — Parish Family Life Committee Chair email@example.com
Bob Wolhar — Salt & Light Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Worthing — Knights of Columbus Grand Knight email@example.com
Deacon Dan Ackerson — Ex Officio Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Deacon Jim Cadigan — Ex Officio Member email@example.com
Deacon Bob Leonzio — Ex Officio Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Deacon Pete Nellius — Ex Officio Member email@example.com
Deacon Jim Walls — Ex Officio Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne Bailey — Parish Office Manger email@example.com